Thanks to a tip (which I have sadly neglected for about two weeks) from Greg, the roster of Hoobloggers now has a big ol’ luminary: Melissa Lafsky, the Opinionista, oft-cited on Gawker, newly free of law firm hell, and now following her dreams of becoming a writer. She seems to have picked up more than her fair share of wingnuts, weinerboys, and out-and-out psychotics in the short period since she went public, so I’d like to give her some props for her courage.
It’s that time: yes, the posting well has run dry. What comes up on the ol’ iPod?
- “Waitin’ for a Superman,” Flaming Lips
- “Allegro impetuoso“ (Górecki’s Kleines Requiem für eine Polka), London Sinfonietta
- “Sunway,” Rob Wasserman
- Gloria (Ludwig Senfl’s Missa L’homme Armé), the Suspicious Cheese Lords
- “Missing,” Everything But The Girl
- “17,” Smashing Pumpkins
- “Olive Pressing Song,” Unidentified Italian male chorus (field recording)
- “Laura,” Scissor Sisters
- “M.I.A.,” M.I.A.
- “Minor Threat,” Minor Threat
Background and instructions for this meme in my inaugural Random 10 post.