World Wide Wood: Self-Run DNS. Very simple instructions for enabling the built in DNS services in Mac OS X. Important for those days when Comcast’s DNS servers flake out for hours on end. (Though, I confess, it was nice to have an enforced hiatus from being on line.)
Your Scary ’80s 3 and Your Scary ’80s 4 have been posted on the iTMS store (3, 4) and on Art of the Mix. As with the previous ’80s mixes, the odd numbered one is all the tracks you wish you could forget, and the even numbered one is the one with stuff that you wish you heard the first time they came out.
It’s been a hard couple of days, for whatever reason. I have had bursts of morning energy followed by absolute collapse in the afternoons. Not sure what’s going on, but it might be one of the following, presented in increasing order of likeliness:
- my mono (which I somehow caught in college) might be relapsing
- my hereditary thyroid problem might finally be surfacing
- the Black Dog might still have a big paw on my chest (unlikely for a number of reasons that will shortly be disclosed)
- the allergist at MGH who determined that I had no seasonal allergies, only allergies to dust mites, might have been wrong
- Or I might just be catching up on sleep after a week of hard driving (including time spent driving to SAT prep classes and on my big vacation spree, I spent about 44 hours behind the wheel from Sunday the 3rd to Tuesday the 13th)
I hope it’s not the last one. I have about ten more hours of driving this weekend: down to New Jersey to collect my family and return everyone back home, where there will be a newly finished (though probably not painted) doorway in the kitchen.