Yesterday was our first day in the Magic Kingdom’s parks, and of course I didn’t blog.
One of the things this exercise in daily blogging has taught me is the importance of carving out time to write, which is impossible when sharing a room with three other humans, two under the age of 10. So I’m writing this while the kids bounce off the walls.
We learned some important things yesterday at Animal Kingdom:
- Timely breakfast is important for everyone’s happiness.
- The five year old was not ready for Expedition: Everest or for the time traveling Dinosaur ride.
- Neither was his nine year old sister. Or his mom.
- In fact, I’m probably the only scary ride aficionado in the family.
- Even a nine year old gets tired of chicken nuggets. That doesn’t make her want to try new foods though.
- It’s nothing short of a miracle to find good beer in a big amusement park. Thank you, Victory Golden Monkey.
It’ll be interesting to see what today brings.