Courtesy of Sloanblogger Cybersam, a little insight today into the MIT Enterprise Forum’s latest offering, discussions of how to make a great business pitch from a CEO perspective and a VC perspective. A lot of the advice from both sounds familiar from years gone by, but I didn’t (foolishly) blog it at the time. Very good stuff.
- “This, gentlemen, is a death dwarf…,” William S. Burroughs, Call Me Burroughs
- “No Girl So Sweet,” PJ Harvey, Is This Desire?
- “Near Wild Heaven,” R.E.M., Out of Time
- “False Ending,” Yo La Tengo, Electr-O-Pura
- “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” Frank Sinatra with Bono, Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
- “The Science Fiction Film,” Woody Allen, Standup Comic
- “Looks Like I’m Up Sh*t Creek Again,” Tom Waits, The Early Years
- “Down By the River,” David Rhodes, Plus From Us
- “On the Road to Mandalay,” Frank Sinatra, Live in Australia with the Red Norvo Quartet
- “The Messenger,” Daniel Lanois, For the Beauty of Wynona
(And yes, I know the Yo La Tengo is a repeat. But do me a favor and don’t tell my iPod, OK? It’s just seen me order a replacement for the G4 laptop and it’s a little edgy.)
(And, oh yeah. How weird a world is it when I look at the headline “Man Shot by Cheney Leaving Hospital” and think Oh my god he’s at it again! Where are the dangling modifier police when you need them?)