It’s another Hackathon at Veracode, and time for another playlist. This time around we get an hour of jazz and jazz-adjacent Hammond organ, for your ass. This is not your ballpark organ music, he said, glaring sternly at the interrogator; it’s something that should be deep in your soul.
There’s lots of Jimmy Smith on this, as God intended, but there’s also Groove Holmes and Ronnie Foster and Jimmy McGriff and Dr. Lonnie Smith and James Brown and the latter-day Delvon Lamarr and… just listen already!
- Iron Leg – Mickey & The Soul Generation (Iron Leg)
- The Cat – Jimmy Smith (Talkin’ Verve)
- Finger Lickin’ Good – Jimmy McGriff & Groove Holmes (Dueling Organs)
- I Want To Hold Your Hand – Grant Green (I Want To Hold Your Hand)
- Top Going Down, Bottom Going Up (Live) – Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio (Live at KEXP!)
- Mystic Brew – Ronnie Foster (Two Headed Freap)
- The Bird – Jimmy McGriff (Groove Grease)
- Sagg Shootin’ His Arrow – Jimmy Smith (Root Down)
- Devil’s Haircut – Dr. Lonnie Smith (Boogaloo To Beck)
- Grits (Extended Version) – James Brown (Grits & Soul (Instrumentals) [Expanded Edition])
One thought on “New mix: Exfiltration Radio: The Mighty Hammond”