I flew into London yesterday morning, and my arms aren’t tired. And surprisingly the rest of me isn’t either. I got almost ten hours of sleep last night, and while I did wake bolt upright at 4:30 this morning I’m still feeling pretty good and not particularly jet lagged. It’s been gorgeous here, much nicer than it was when I last visited twelve years ago (granted, that was in February).
Things I’ve done so far:
- Walked around the south side of Kensington Park, taking in the sights.
- Gotten lost in Harrods.
- Watched people queue around a city block for hours to go to the French Embassy to vote in yesterday’s election.
- Learned how much you can pay for unreliable hotel wifi.
- Evaluated several pubs in the vicinity of my hotel and found a keeper.
- Figured out how to navigate the Underground (or reminded myself) and to get my tickets for the National Rail Service.
And that was the first day. Should be a fun trip.