Couldn’t let my Seattle experience go out on yesterday’s note. So here are a few more quick notes on leaving Seattle.
- Coffee from former Fotomats: There’s a little place next to the gas station on the way to I-5 called “Coffee Boy.” Sadly I can’t find a web page for it, but if you’ve ever been near Seattle you’ve seen places like this. All the Fotomats in Seattle became drive-up (or walk-up) coffee stands. Double Americano for $2.00–beats the heck out of Starbucks or the company cafeteria.
- Microbrews: I like Harpoon, but the other micros in New England, while nice, just don’t have the same variety. It will be nice to get back to John Harvard’s, though…
- Puget Sound: I can’t possibly say enough.
- The weather: No humidity and weather that on the hottest day in July topped out at 89 degrees.
- KEXP: Thank God they’re on the Web. But radio in Boston just isn’t the same, no matter how much fun WMBR can be. Especially fun to be listening to some of the stuff in the list below and then get a mindwrench from “Shake the Shack” or “Swingin’ Doors.”
… or, for the grammar elite, “things to which I grooved”:
|Mint Royale||Show Me|
|Shudder to Think with Jeff Buckley||I Want Someone Badly|
|Ursula 1000||Direct Drive [The Ready Made All That Jazz Remix]|
|Radiohead||Dollars and Cents|
|Beastie Boys||Root Down|
|The Blue Nile||Peace at Last|
|Jeff Buckley||So Real|
|Built to Spill||Strange|
|Nikka Costa||Like a Feather|
|Gastr Del Sol||Work from Smoke|
|Basement Jaxx||Get Me Off|
|Wiseguys||Start the Commotion|
|Snowpatrol||Ask Me How I Am|
|Folk Implosion||Free to Go|
|Robyn Hitchcock||Viva SeaTac|
|Afro Celt Sound System||Colossus|
The other interns–especially Todd, Jay, Mike L., Catherine, Arvind (and Kim!!), Nancy, Danny, E.J., and other people I’ve forgotten (and I’ll add as I think of)…
My coworkers–Clark, Michelle, Mary Ann, Allison, Kate, David, Christine, Mike, Eileen, Erica, and Tom–thanks for all the fun and the cheese.
Shel for being there.
And Lisa for being really patient this summer. Hang in there, honey, I’m comin’ home!