A round up of odd April Fools’ gags across the Net:
- The first annual March for Web Standards hits Washington, DC today. Hide those nested tables and non-validating pages, everyone!
- The EFF is merging with the Department of Justice and spoiling for a fight with the ACLU. Place yer bets.
- Read Google’s S-1 filing with the SEC yet? I bet Larry and Sergey were surprised that that lava lamp wholesaler got as good a deal as he did.
- Via Pho, a new Internet RFC (3751), the Omniscience Protocol will help copyright holders determine when computer users have committed an illegal activity with their properties (see also Slashdot).
- The BBC says that a Cold War era nuclear landmine was to be filled with chickens to regulate its temperature.