Manila Envelope 1.0.3 has been released. It incorporates the following new features and bug fixes:
- Added drop down list for news item departments.
- Added menu item to have ME query Manila site for list of valid news items. List is cached in prefs.
- Cleaned up code structure to eliminate problem where dialog was shown with progress bar still present.
- Fixed a problem where single angle quotes (‹›) were being mistranslated as ‘ and ’ entities.
- Finally figured out how to display em and en dashes, curly quotes, and ellipses reliably using UTF-8. Note: Netscape 4 doesn’t like this encoding, so don’t use —, –,“,”,‘, ’, or … in your source text if you’re worried about the NS 4 population.
Department names with spaces result in invalid XML being returned from Manila. This causes an error to be returned. Workaround: rename your department names and eliminate the spaces. This problem may be addressed in a future release of Manila Envelope.