Read and comment on the bill. Seems like it’s a little late in the process, but better late than never.
Explaining the XSS vulnerability in Safari’s RSS feed reader. Seems to have been a specific problem for the filtering strategy that Apple used to filter feed content.
The most amazing cross-platform personal media sharing tool I’ve seen yet. Install locally and remotely, sign in both locations, and stream music from one location to the other. Yes, stream–it sends the music as an MP3 stream regardless of original format (AAC, etc.). Just connected my home library from my office and it was responsive almost immediately (though it takes some time for all the data to populate). Apparently also available as iPhone client.
I put the iPod on shuffle earlier this week and was struck by two things: out of 1500 songs, it came up with two Nick Drake songs off the same album; and there are all kinds of ways to be embarrassed by your musical taste.
- Smithereens, “A Girl Like You” (Blown to Smithereens: Best of)
- Nick Drake, “Things Behind the Sun” (Pink Moon)
- Sonic Youth, “New Hampshire” (Sonic Nurse)
- Nick Drake, “Place to Be” (Pink Moon)
- Minor Threat, “Look Back and Laugh” (Out of Step)
- The Byrds, “You’re Still On My Mind (rehearsal – take #43)” (Sweetheart of the Rodeo)
- Marvin Gaye, “You Sure Love to Ball” (Let’s Get It On)
- R.E.M., “Driver 8” (Fables of the Reconstruction)
- Pete Yorn, “For Nancy” (musicforthemorningafter)
- Bob Dylan, “Who Killed Davey Moore?” (The Bootleg Series: Vols. 1-3)