- Follow the extended directions, particularly the ones about backing up your installation and deactivating plugins.
- You may see references to a plugin for automatic updates. No offense to the developer, but it really is beta. It didn’t work for my upgrade to 2.6.
- After doing the upgrade, clear your cookies or you may not be able to log into your control panel.
I thought I had done step #3 but I hadn’t. When I couldn’t log in, I had a moment of panic, and ended up rolling back my whole site to last night’s backup with help from Erin at Weblogger. Repeating the process with a cooler head resolved the issue.
8 comments...What do you think?
- Wordpress 2.6 Warning - DO NOT upgrade. | Snoskred - Life in the Country
- Where did WordPress go wrong? | Sephy's Platzish
- WordPress 2.6.1 is out (Jarrett House North)
- WordPress 2.7 First Impressions (Jarrett House North)