So how do I deal with those links that won‘t die? In a word: bullet lists.
- Going across the country on a Segway. That probably won’t be a four-day trip.
- Evidence for the value of the Long Tail and personal publishing, from Dave Sifry of Technorati. He promises a look at corporate blogging tomorrow; can’t wait.
- Courtesy the O’Reilly sexual harassment scandal: Falafel fetish neologism of the week: hummulingus. Much better than falaphilia. Thanks, Xeni. Won’t be able to get that one out of my head.
- Vintage 1950s Peanuts pins. Aw, man. I wonder if my sister or mom still has our vintage 60s Snoopy stuffed animal… Interestingly, the blog entry says that the second volume of the complete Peanuts has been released. I guess I should call Fantagraphics and make sure they have the correct address for me…
- Josh Marshall: the biggest difference between the candidates, as illustrated by the debates, is about how to knock out terrorism. Bush thinks you’re done if you go after state sponsors. Kerry understands that sovereignty is breaking down in the post-Cold War era, which means that increasingly terrorist organizations are operating totally independently. Fantastic excerpt from Atlantic Monthly on the topic. I think this is the area where John Robb is way out ahead of everyone else.
- Teresa expanded Senator Kerry’s horizons after marriage. —In the kitchen, you dirty-minded punks.
- Farmhouse ales: they’re what’s for dinner.