- Brent Simmons waxes ecstatic about SpaceShipOne’s X-Prize-winning second flight today. Always good to see someone reaching out a hand to touch the face of God. (See also MetaFilter.)
- Tony Pierce is turning entertainment blogger for a week. I’d suggest a link, Tony, but “Moonshot Manny” came out last week and so it isn’t news.
- Permanently open in my aggregator: special conditions reports on the Mt. St. Helens situation. The bit about “large scale uplift (10s of meters) of part of the glacier and a nearby segment of the lava dome” makes me really nervous. Glad I went to visit in 2001.
- Via Too Many Chefs, Old Kentucky Bourbon Truffles. Bourbon: it’s not just for breakfast any more!
- Speaking of bourbon… I don’t know about any other Virginia football fans, but I get nervous even linking to this. But hey, I can’t not mention that we moved into the Top 10 in the AP poll this weekend. But I must mention it very quietly; Clemson is coming…
- Fabulous video and audio mix-ups: How do you run a convention on a record of failure? (QuickTime); Bush mixtape (MP3); the Five-Minute Remix (QT or WM).
- And don’t forget Poland! Oh, wait, forget Poland.
- Q: What the hell is the FCC doing to grant money that puts high speed internet access in libraries and schools? A: Leaving children behind.