It looks like I have a little while longer before I have to make a decision about shifting photo publishing platforms. The storage limit on my .Mac account just increased from 100 MB (plus 5 for mail) to 250 MB partitioned between mail and disk.
Incidentally, I have to say I’m not super impressed with Flickr so far. The upload speed was quite slow for the trial batch of 10 photos that I put up. Also one of the most potentially useful features, the Calendar, sorts photos by when they were uploaded, not when they were taken (though this may have to do with the iPhoto-to-Flickr plugin that I used to upload them). Since I just spent a long time manually correcting dates on a batch of newly digitized photos from 1998 and 1999, I was disappointed to not see those dates carry over. But I’ll continue playing with it until I find my alternative.