Quick link roundup from the land where I was born:
- Richmond Times Dispatch: Winery owner to protect 225 acres in Williamsburg. All but 45 acres of the Williamsburg Winery’s property are being placed under a conservation easement.
- Speaking of Virginia wineries: looks like this could be a really solid year for Virginia wines, despite the last minute soakings.
- Rita Dove, fresh from a stint as the US Poet Laureate, now gets to do the honor for the Commonwealth.
- Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown… and now Hampton: archaeological digs are underway to try to uncover the city’s historic past in time for its 400th birthday.
- Oh, and of course, 51-0. (Though really. Akron??? Wasn’t MIT available?)