It’s been a while. Here’s a quick collection of things going on across my narrow part of the blogosphere:
- Congrats to George and Becky on leaving the ranks of the renters and joining the ranks of the property owners! My sympathies on the painting joys, George. Just remember, it only gets more fun from there.
- I have heard the sound of a threepeat, and it’s “Mar’nbarry…Mar’nbarry…Mar’nbarry.” E-gads.
- Tony Pierce is on fire this week. Yesterday: “i am born and raised american the only fear i have is that there wont be enough ass for me to kick in Heaven when i get there. so yes mr bush i reject the horror stories that you continue to read us as we lay our heads to sleep. shove your terror alert warnings back in your texas spiderholes. if you cannot run for office based on policies of possibilities and probabilities then you have no business running for office in this country because this aint the home of the scared.”
- Of course, this brings to mind Garry Trudeau’s artistic reinterpretation of the terror alert color code from Sunday.
- Gotta love the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, after they rejected a motion from the DOJ asking to be allowed to file secret arguments pertaining to secret laws requiring you to show ID on airplanes. (This in Gilmore vs. Ashcroft; other case documents. Via BoingBoing.)
- The Crimson: Wordsworth Declares Bankruptcy. Chapter 11, thank goodness, and they’re staying open. Reason enough to take the T down to Harvard Square and buy some books, I think.