Since Apple’s forums don’t seem to support permalinks, the hint I previously posted about fixing iTunes for Windows’ connection to CDDB isn’t complete. Here’s how to reestablish connection to CDDB if your track lookups start failing:
- Quit iTunes for Windows.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools | Internet Options, click on the Connections tab, and click on the LAN Settings button.
- In the dialog that follows, uncheck the checkbox about using a proxy. Hit OK, then OK again.
- Open RegEdit and look for the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_USERSoftwareCDDBControl2.0. Delete this key.
- Open iTunes and insert the CD. iTunes should now be able to connect to CDDB again—at least, until it forgets again later…
- If necessary, reenable your proxy settings.