We got in last night around 10 pm; Joy and Jefferson are ecstatic to be home. The trip was mostly uneventful, with two exceptions. Note: Dogs can be made to go to the bathroom in airport stalls, but not on their pee pads (no matter how hard you try), so put rubber gloves in your list of doggie carry-on supplies. Now dogs and Lisa are asleep on the sofa in our living room and I’m catching up.
I’ve been reading news feeds over the holiday, but didn’t get much of a chance to post anything about what was going on outside our own vacation. So here goes:
- MacMerc has a great iDVD and DVD burning FAQ that included something I didn’t know—you can only burn up to 90 minutes of video using iDVD, 60 if you want to keep high quality.
- MacOSXHints tells how to burn the three Panther install discs onto one DVD; handy for the space constrained.
- Great Christmas posts from BurningBird, George Chang (“Christmas eve prime rib to Christmas hot pot”), Real Live Preacher (the consolidated eight-part Christmas story is up), Tony Pierce,
- Scoble takes a holiday from posting about our mutual employer to comment on freedom of religion and separation of church and state: “19-year-old Rob…says it’s war on Christmas and Christians. There are few ideas more repugnant in today’s society than this one.”
- Jay Livens is blogging again, with renewed focus on the Sox and HDTV.
- On this site, the Mothman Chronicles have been re-published to the static site. I’m still finding content that should be on the site but isn’t. It may take a while to correct all the outages; sorry for the mess.